This book covers everything you need to know about registering for the Mercer Science and Engineering Fair. You can access the main science fair page (presented when you log in) using Home / Registration from the main menu on each page.
The book is divided into a number of sections. You do not need to read all the sections since many are designed for forms that are only used for some projects. If you start at the beginning then you can check out the basics and move onto other details as necessary. Check out the Overview and Getting Started sections first.
First some key points:
- The fair is open to all students attending school in Mercer County, NJ in grades 4-12
- Everyone needs to fill our fair forms as well as register online
- Check out the details for your division: Elementary (grades 4-5), Junior (grades 6-8), Senior (grade 9-12)
- Project topics are restricted for Elementary and Junior divisions
- Junior and Senior division students are encouraged to register before they start their projects. The online registration process must be completed before the posted deadlines but the online registration system can be used to assist in
- Junior and Senior division students must use the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) forms. Most forms must be signed BEFORE experimentation begins
- Projects that require precertification must begin the registration process BEFORE they start their experimentation
The details associated with these points and other registration details are covered in the rest of this book. There are also links from the online registration forms into this book so you do not check out these pages if you are not using those forms