Educational Testing Service
At nonprofit ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research.
Founded in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® General and Subject Tests and The Praxis Series™ assessments — in more than 180 countries, and at over 9,000 locations worldwide.
In addition to assessments, we conduct educational research, analysis and policy studies, and we develop a variety of customized services and products for
- teacher certification
- English-language learning
- elementary, secondary and post-secondary education
ETS serves individual students, their parents, educational institutions and government agencies. We help teachers teach, students learn, and parents measure the educational and intellectual progress of their children by
- Listening to educators, parents and critics
- Learning what students and their institutions need
- Leading in the development of new and innovative products and services