So you are planning on doing a science or engineering fair project. Excellent.
These are the basic steps for doing a project for our fair. Some are only required in the Junior and Senior division (*). Not all steps need to be done in the order listed.
- Confirm eligibility for this event
- Decide on a topic, research it and develop a hypothesis/purpose
- Start online application (this can be done later)
- Create a research plan
- Deal with ISEF forms - only for events like the Mercer Science and Engineering Fair
- Complete the project
- Write your abstract
- Create and upload your presentation materials
- Finalize online application
- For some events: Print forms from online application to bring to fair with your project
The rest of this section goes into more detail about these steps