The Elementary division has the least amount of paperwork and the most restrictions on the kinds of projects a student can do. All projects fall into one category.
- General Science
Projects in this division can be registered after they are completed. In fact, some elementary schools hold their own science fair and send the winners to the Mercers Science and Engineering Fair (MSEF). Check with your school for details. If your school does not have a science fair then you may participate in MSEF without entering any prior science fair competition. Teachers may register their students online and provide the students with the printed applications that they will bring to the fair. Students or parents that register online will print out their own applications and bring them to the fair.
Elementary division projects may not include any of the following:
- No team projects
- Any projects that are not allowed by ISEF including acid rain studies
- Non-observational animal studies
- Non-observational human studies
- Projects dealing with culture growth, tissues, DNA
Elementary division projects may include any of the following:
- Observational animal studies
- Observational human studies
Please contact us if you have any questions.